Viridorari is an environmentally focused blog. The mission of Viridorari is to help you incorporate healthier, "greener" habits into your life, to benefit you, the people around you, and the environment.

Viridorari is on Twitter! Follow this blog with a mission to be up to date with what's new on Viridorari and the world of environmental activists @viridorari





Saturday, April 26, 2014

Climate March Update #5: SUCCESS!


Hey everyone, great news! The money I raised from t-shirt orders has completed my fundraising, and now I have actually over-raised money!

If you are still interested in supporting the cause, there are many other marchers who still have not reached their goal, some of which are marching right now! If you could help them out instead of me, all of us from the Climate March would be very grateful. We don't want anyone to have to drop out because they didn't have the funds. 

Here are some marchers who are still in need. All of those listed below are currently marching AND they are going the whole distance, from LA to DC! So, they have to raise at least $5,000.



Check out their fundraising pages, read their bios, donate, and be a climate hero!
To see a cool video of marchers telling President Obama why they oppose the Keystone XL Pipeline, go here

Buzzsaw Article
My article about the Climate March in Buzzsaw Magazine, my school's student run alternative magazine, has been published! You can find it online and read it here. Please check it out — it's probably my favorite thing I've written for student media all year!

List of Names
I am still gathering names for the list that I will carry in my pocket as I walk. On the difficult days, these names will remind me why I'm walking and why my action is important. If you would like to contribute to the list, email me at viridorari@yahoo.com and tell me the names of the people who you would do anything to protect. You can explain how they're related to you or how you know them, their ages, and why you want to protect them. Or you can just simply state their names. 
My list currently has 18 contributors with 118 names.
Postcards
If you are interested in receiving postcards from me as I walk, please email me at viridorari@yahoo.com! I ask for $15 to cover the costs of postage and the cards. Be sure to include the address you want me to send them to. 

Climate March Bracelets
I still have lots of silicon bracelets left! They are green and they say "The Great Climate March" on them. Now that I have reached my goal, I will ask for a suggested donation of $2 for them. All of the surplus money I raise will be redistributed to other marchers who haven't reached their goals.

Johnny-Mac and Tanya sporting their bracelets!  


Thank you everyone for all of your support! I have 18 days left to go before I start walking! I will depart from the Rochester Airport on May 22nd to make my way out to New Mexico, and I will begin walking from Taos on May 24th. I can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment