Viridorari is an environmentally focused blog. The mission of Viridorari is to help you incorporate healthier, "greener" habits into your life, to benefit you, the people around you, and the environment.

Viridorari is on Twitter! Follow this blog with a mission to be up to date with what's new on Viridorari and the world of environmental activists @viridorari





Friday, October 18, 2013

Notice: Powershift 2013

Hey everyone! I wanted to let you know that I have arrived with fellow students from my college at Pittsburgh, PA for Powershift 2013.

For those of you who don't know, Powershift is an event that happens every other year, and it gathers students and young people from around the country and the world to learn about different environmental topics and develop resistance and leadership skills to progress the environmental movement. There are many inspirational speakers here, many of them figureheads of the movement, like Bill McKibben and Josh Fox. This weekend will be full of education, motivation, networking, and mobilization.

I will be tweeting and retweeting about Powershift throughout the weekend, so be sure to follow me: @Viridorari, and check out the topic #Powershift. To see pictures from the Powershift event, go here. If you want to learn more about the event, check out the website

Expect a more comprehensive post about the event and my experiences, along with pictures, after I return to my college on Sunday.

So, wish me luck, and remember, if we all work together, we can shift the power from nonrenewable to renewable and from corporate to citizen to make a better tomorrow for us and for future generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment